Saturday, September 26, 2026

Memories of the Sea



Some Memories of the Sea


Galveston...I remember the shrimp boats patrolling, we were all so much younger then,
The candy apple greens and the gulls calling,
those blue wooden homes near the shore, or across the street
the sand on your feet, the sound of the hoses spraying every last bit of sand,
you'd always miss some...
and the morning coffee, a ritual,
the quiet I can barely capture these days
all the beauty of that moment
captured, in words and pictures
as memories
fade.


I want to chase the sky
to see the sun descending
and the moments biding time
I want to be a stranger in an unfamiliar place
I want no one to know me
or recognize my face,
I'm already there I guess
the loneliness gave it away
I want to disappear out in the space
the highway
the forgiving highway
guides my way.



So small we are to the sea,
so small, like grains of sand
or the petulant weed.
I remember everything said a ghost crab
at night,
I remember everything a child
standing by my side.
and the sea is so large
compared to us
so powerful
so destructive
but we never get enough.
Out on the sand, memories whispered among the gulls
so small we are to the sea
how small our disagreements
seem.


Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment