Friday, October 9, 2026





October Came, with all it's subtle feelings of fear and loss. Giving up the excitement of summers to find our own time where the sky tells stories of the spring and the winter whispers where it's been.

I wish I could just cling to the season with joy, much like children do. That feeling of holidays coming and families getting together but I know the changes that come in this time. I lost my dad in September,
almost lost my life to heart disease 3 years ago and that nip in the air is a warning.

Even if it's not a warning, it feels like it. A cool breeze comes through the window, sits down at the table-we need to talk.....



Poetry is a feeling of a moment. It grows and changes depending on the season. These poems are from Purple Shadows Flame...more from the previous post. I tend to write until it stops. Usually there is an immediate impetus and then it changes.

All of these poems have to do with fighting to see a new day and yet still reacting to a season. October is a month filled with many changes, adaptations. I am excited for 2026.


No comments:

Post a Comment