Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Electric Hour Appears

Electric hour approaches,
The yellow leaves and the brilliant greens
Stare through the window
With a voice of pacific breeze
I can smell the flavors of rosemary and fennel
Colors on the edge of gardens
Bursting out for one last show before autumn comes
I sit in the cool window seat
I feel the season change
Crows mock the afternoon light
I stare from a vantage point, high above the golden leaves
In spirals on concrete 

walkways and the sea beyond the sky
Blue green and sailboats tilted in the gentle breezes
Still tired from the walk up mountains
In deep green forests
With smiling faces out of breath
A drink of warm red wine on the corner
cars pass by in routine

I am outside the membrane
A stranger to a peaceful place







The pacific breeze through windows 

wakes meI feel the calm of this peaceful life
Basil adds the hues and flavors tasted
Green tea and sparkling water
If I take a breath I might wake up
And all of this would be gone

If I open my eyes all of this will be gone
There is a current that twists and strives inside
As constant and violent as the tide
I feel the sadness for every fallen leaf
I feel the sadness for time passing
and the beauty of days elicits the emotional response
quiet in the other room
the silence of an early afternoon fall
2014, afraid of watching time pass by too quickly
Afraid of life and time awaits me
I’d take a breath but I’m afraid of waking
And stirring my eyes,
witness the stream of time
                                                                      Like sand through loving fingers strive
                                                                      The electric hour approaches

                                                                      And soon it will be night…

No comments:

Post a Comment