Saturday, June 25, 2016

An Absence in the Garden




The garden stands as it promised
From passionate seeds, color in a colorless world
And I am color blind
Walk along the edge of order
And chaos
Feel as the fragrant jasmine insists
It exists
See the richness of flames of tithonia
And coneflower
They wait until I wake
Wait until I’m present
Out of this state
But the green seems pointless
And the shadows seem only dark
Waited for the threatening limbs of a dying tree
They’ve come down
They’ve given in to the heat, to the light
And I am standing in the stagnant air
Cicadas callously sigh
The heavy weight, I can barely breath
Worms are working tirelessly in the ground
The hole seems silent
But it always gapes
And I can feel every wound
The lack of feeling is the scar
Walk among the shriveled weeds
Hope I haven’t gone too far
As the structure grows above the gardener
And the gardener sleeps in a  mushroom ground
The birds with songs they can’t remember
Fade with little sound
It’s summer, the grey earth, the parched seed
And I am just an absence in a  garden
Another petulant weed.


Check out the new images of the 2016 wildlife garden


No comments:

Post a Comment