Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Black Sky: December 26



We were running through a landscape
Ants crawling out of the mound
As this grand spectacle showed its face
And left
With a horrifying sound

I was so afraid to lose you
Your skin never seemed so thin
So fragile
In that black landscape
Where everything was sharp and alive
Dangerous teeth of nails and wires
I followed you afraid
I walked the darkness like one of the zombies
Pouring into the streets
Ghosts from broken houses
Fallen rooms
And swinging chandeliers

All faces in shock
You assured me you’d be fine
Go home
While you crawled beneath a transformer
And broken electrical line
And your face never looked so scared
So sad was I that I could not contain
The blackness that filled that evening
Only the shadow remained

No comments:

Post a Comment