Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Rain Barrel

Photo by elena


I know what it feels like
The golden, the orange, the red,
The colors that reach across a cloudy sky
And define that dangerous line
The space before the ground
The perilous feeling
Falling down…
I know the flames of feeling
Every bit of the green bleeding out into red veins
Streaming across the afternoon skies
Like a tantrum
I know that voice that never whispers
Hoping to land somewhere
Hoping to land

And I know the feeling of cold
I know the feeling of mingling on the cold dark edge
And feeling every bit of color dissolve
Across that surface so indifferent
Embracing and drowning every peace of the skeleton
That was
Remembering the sky
Remembering the limb that once connected
Now mourning, distant, unfeeling
I know what it feels to drown
Beneath the darkness
Each competing for the last bits of light
Dark, shapeless ghosts
Rise and fall
I know the steel walls
And the deep black sides
That keeps us silent
That keep our voices muffled
Under the surface
Remembering fall
Remembering the height of the sky
The blue, the rich colors
Before all color faded and died…

(A painting coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment