Sunday, July 10, 2016

Crying Wolf: Not Everything is an Assault on Our Liberties, Choose your Battles Wisely

A problem that distracts from the real problem; everyone is a victim. This post is about the TSAs, I saw several youtube videos on their abuse of power and although I was ready to be disgusted, I wasn’t.

One of the videos was about a young girl who was beaten and bloody and although I didn’t know the full story, I thought it would be hard to justify her being singled out.
The others were people looking for trouble and finding it, in my humble opinion.

First, in the world now, although our government seems to be uneasy with the term, there are terrorists that want to kill us. However this happened and whoever is to blame is irrelevant, we are in a dangerous global phase of American life and it’s an ugly place.

All of us need to realize there is a problem and we all need to work for some solution that doesn’t make us sheep at the mercy of power hungry TSAs nor victims looking to be victimized by government workers simply doing their jobs. Can we all just get along?

What I saw on the videos were government employees who were trying to make the best of a bad situation. It’s common sense, if I mess with a police officer, ask them inappropriate questions and verbally antagonize them, I will probably end up being roughed up or causing the officer to show his authority. If you look for trouble you can always find it.

I see a negative stigma to the whole herding of people into the airport, not that I know how to change it but if anyone goes through security checks, it can feel humiliating. I think this is what causes the attitude of some individuals to push back, their feeling of being herded like sheep makes them react back with resentment and hostility, the exact attitude the TSAs are watching out for, to protect all of us.

I have never had problems going through, I greet the TSAs, I make it easy for them much like I do when getting stopped by a police officer, I make it as painless as I can for both the TSAs and myself and I think most appreciate that and treat me with respect.

I am not a proponent of the government especially in its current state but I feel if you call foul when it is not appropriate you water down the times that it really is a problem. I believe we need less government interfering in every aspect of American life but the examples I saw did not justify the outrage.


Probably by watching videos that didn't merit my disgust wasted time I could have spent watching videos that do truly capture a real problem with a section of the TSAs that are perhaps abusive with their power. This is exactly what I mean by watering down the real problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment